DIRECTOR – LORETO EDUCATION CENTRE
Loreto Education Trust is a Company, the Members of which appoint a Board of Directors, referred to as Loreto Education Trust Board. The latter, together with its Executive Officers, working out of Loreto core values, facilitate their contemporary expression within Loreto schools through a variety of services and initiatives.
The Trust Board is currently seeking an experienced, reflective and multi-talented Director with a clear commitment to the values underpinning the work of the Trust and the services delivered by Loreto Education Centre. The position offers the opportunity to interface with all stakeholders involved in the enterprise of Loreto Education in Ireland.
The Loreto Education Trust Board is seeking to appoint a Director of Loreto Education Centre on a three-year fixed term contract (15 hours per week).
- Exercising Patron functions in collaboration with Management Team on behalf of Loreto Education Trust Board
- Having ultimate responsibility within the Management Team
- Reporting to Trust Board and ensuring implementation of relevant Trust Board policies and decisions
- Managing relationships and linking with wider educational community
- Collaborating and communicating with conviction
- Supporting good governance throughout the Loreto educational enterprise
- Having specific responsibility in relation to Boards of Management/Governors in Loreto schools.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet the following criteria
- Good understanding of and commitment to Loreto characteristic spirit
- Experiential knowledge of the Irish Education system.
- In-depth understanding and, ideally, experience of the exercise of school patronage
- Knowledge and understanding of school governance
- Excellent management skills relevant to the role and the ability to take initiative
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a post-graduate education qualification, proven experience of school management and patronage, an in-depth understanding of the Irish education system and a good track record in visioning for the future.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Procedure: Please select link below –
Information Booklet – May 2017
Strategic Priorities – 2014-2019
Application Form – Director Loreto Education Centre (May 2017)
Latest date for receipt of applications is 4pm Thursday 8th June 2017.
The Loreto Education Trust Board is an equal opportunities employer.